How to Generate a .pfx File Using OpenSSL for Windows 10
Follow the instructions in this guide to create a .pfx file using OpenSSL.
- The certificate private key
- A PEM file (.pem, .crt, .cer)
- OpenSSL for Windows 10
Note: OpenSSL will use the current path in the command prompt – remember to navigate the command prompt to the correct path before running OpenSSL. Remember to change the details of the commands to fit your filenames and setup.
- The following command will generate a .pfx file from your .key and .pem file:
openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey privateKey.key -in certificate.pem
- Replace “privateKey.key” with the name of your private key file.
- Replace “certificate.pem” with the name of your certificate file.
- Optionally change “certificate.pfx” to your desired name for the .pfx file.
- Enter, re-enter and export password.
Your .pfx file will be available at the path used in the command prompt.
Get in touch with us for a non-binding quote
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Follow us on LinkedIn to get the latest updates, news and insights.